Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring: Program Overview - View Full PDF
Noninvasive atherosclerosis imaging provides more accurate and earlier detection of coronary heart disease than Framingham risk scoring or empiric clinical judgment.
Cardiac CT for coronary artery calcium scoring (CACS). No intravenous lines. No contrast agents.
Duration: five to 10 minutes. UH offers this procedure at no cost.
- UH Cleveland Medical Center (Cleveland)
- UH Ahuja Medical Center (Beachwood)
- UH Bedford Medical Center, a campus of UH Regional Hospitals
- UH Conneaut Medical Center
- UH Geauga Medical Center
- UH Geneva Medical Center
- UH Parma Medical Center
- UH Portage Medical Center
- UH St. John Medical Center (Westlake)
- UH Amherst Health Center (coming soon)
- UH Avon Health Center
- UH Chagrin Highlands Health Center (Orange Village)
- UH Concord Health Center
- UH Fairlawn Health Center
- UH Medina Health Center
- UH Mentor Health Center
- UH Twinsburg Health Center
- UH Westlake Health Center
Men ages 45 or older and women ages 55 or older with one or more of the following risk factors: cigarette smoking, arterial hypertension or taking antihypertensive drug therapy, HDL-C
Heart rate >100/minute; weight >400 pounds; established CHD; history of ?50 percent carotid stenosis, nonembolic TIA or CVA; peripheral vascular occlusive disease; or abdominal aortic aneurysm.
To schedule, 216-844-1700 (Radiology Patient Access). Physician order is required.
Rev 10/2016 HVI 00654