1. Lomax AJ et al. Potential role of intensity-modulated photons and protons in the treatment of the breast and regional nodes. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 55:785, 2003.
2. Chang JY et al. Significant reduction of normal tissue dose by proton radiotherapy compared with three-dimensional conformal or intensity-modulated radiation therapy in stage I or stage III nonsmall cell lung cancer. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 65:1087, 2006.
3. Mock U et al. Treatment planning comparison of conventional, 3D conformal, and intensity modulated photon (IMRT) and proton therapy for paranasal sinus carcinoma. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 58:147, 2004.
4. Lee C et al. Treatment planning with protons for pediatric retinoblastoma, medulloblastoma, and pelvic sarcoma: How do protons compare with other conformal techniques? Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 63: 362, 2005.
5. St. Clair et al. Advantage of protons compared to conventional X-ray or IMRT in the treatment of a pediatric patient with medulloblastoma. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 58:727, 2004.
6. Bishop A et al. Proton beam therapy versus conformal photon radiation therapy for childhood craniopharyngioma: Multi-institutional analysis of outcomes, cyst dynamics, and toxicity. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 90:354, 2014.
7. Greenberger et al. Clinical outcomes and late endocrine, neurocognitive, and visual profiles of proton radiation for pediatric low-grade gliomas. Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 89:1060, 2014.
8. Moteabbed M et al. The risk of radiation-induced second cancers in the high to medium dose region: A comparison between passive and scanned proton therapy, IMRT and VMAT for pediatric patients with brain tumors. Phys Med Biol. 59:2883, 2014.
9. Kahalley LS, et al. Comparing intelligence quotient change after treatment with proton versus photon radiation therapy for pediatric brain tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2016; DOI: 10.1200/JCO.2015.62.1383.
10. Sands SA, et al. Proton beam radiation therapy: The future may prove brighter for pediatric patients with brain tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2016; DOI: 10.1200/JCO.2015.65.4350.